Friday, December 7, 2012

Restaurant Review - Stubriks


My husband and I LOVE dining out when we can.  So I thought I would add restaurant reviews to my blog.  The first one I decided I would review was Stubriks.  Stubriks is a steakhouse and bar in downtown Fullerton.  We had been there once before, but it was years ago.  We went last week for my birthday and we had a great time.  The food is delicious and it is a very fun atmosphere. 

Parking: Downtown Fullerton on a weekend night can be notoriously busy.  We went on a Thursday night around 8pm and didn't have trouble finding parking at all.  We parked in the lot on the backside of Stubriks, near the Spaghetti Factory.

Hostess: We called early on in the day to try and make a reservation.  They said they were not taking reservations but did not expect it to be crowded.  They were right.  When we arrived, we checked in with the hostess and got a table right away.



Drinks: Stubriks has a good selection of beers, wine, and liquors.  Although I would normally be a cocktail or wine girl, we both decided to have a beer because it sounded most fitting for our steaks we would be ordering!  My husband ordered a Sierra Nevada (they only had it bottled, but they did pour in a glass for him) and I ordered a Bass.  I LOVE when we go places that serve Bass Ale.  It is one of my favorite beers.



Appetizers: We decided to go with the garlic cheese bread as an appetizer, as we had been told by a friend that it was delicious.  It arrived and we were in cheesy bread heaven!  They do not disappoint on the cheese or the garlic on the bread.  It comes out warm, cheesy, and delicious!  It was hard not to fill up on the bread alone!  I would highly recommend this appetizer!



Entrees: All steak entrees at Stubriks come with either a soup or salad.  We both decided to choose the soup which is a potato broccoli soup.  The soup was also good, especially dipping the garlic cheese bread in it. YUM!  For dinner, my husband chose the Black & Blue Top Sirloin.  He ordered his medium rare.  It came out cooked perfectly.  He said it was the perfect amount of richness from the blue cheese.  It was served with mashed potatoes and gravy and steamed veggies.  As for myself, I chose the ribeye steak coked medium.  I also asked to add grilled onions to mine (BEST CHOICE I COULD OF MADE!)  The steak, again, was cooked to perfection.  And the grilled onions were to DIE for!  At first, when I saw the onions, I was a bit bummed because that is not usually how I like my grilled onions.  But to taste the onions with the juicy and tender steak... It was the best flavor combination I had in a long time!  Mine also was served with mashed potatoes (I asked for no gravy) and steamed veggies.  Both of us took about half (if not more) of our food home with us.  The portions are HUGE and the prices are a great deal.



Dessert: Usually we are not very big dessert people.  But since it was my birthday, they brought me a birthday dessert with a candle in it on the house.  It was the bananas foster dessert served with vanilla ice cream.  It was so good.  As stuffed as we already were, we could not help ourselves.  Whether it is a birthday or not, I would highly recommend this dessert as well!

Service: Our server was great.  I forgot her name, but I can say we had no complaints about the service.  She was friendly and on top of it throughout the entire meal.

Prices:
Sierra Nevada (bottled) - $5.50
Bass Ale - $5.50
Garlic Cheese Bread - $6
12 oz Black & Blue Top Sirloin - $23
16oz Ribeye - $25
Grilled Onions - I don't remember
Dessert - Was on the house because it was my birthday! (Usually $9)

Overall, I would recommend this place for a fun date night or night out with friends.  I wouldn't say this would be a place that we would bring my stepson to.  It has a very present nightlife atmosphere.  But for an adult night out, this is an awesome spot!

Stubriks Steakhouse and Bar
118 E. Commonwealth Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92832


No comments:

Post a Comment