Cream Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
-Shredded Cheese (I used a Colby/Jack blend)
1. Butter one side of each slice of bread per sandwich.
2. In a bowl, mix about 4oz of cream cheese, 8oz of shredded cheese, a squirt of mayo and sprinkle of garlic salt. The cream cheese is pretty thick, so I used a hand mixer to get the right texture.
3. Heat a skillet or griddle. Put one slice of bread (butter side down.) Then scoop the cheese mixture onto the bread. Put the other slice on top (butter side up.)
4. Let cook like you would a normal grilled cheese. I like mine pretty toasty!
5. Serve with a bowl of tomato soup and a salad for a quick, easy, and tasty rainy day meal!
*Makes 4 sandwiches.*
What are your favorite rainy day comfort foods?